The chosen building for this case study is the Central Library of the Faculty of Engineering, Cairo University. The building dates back to 1935, when it was built to exclusively serve professors and senior students. Then in 1967, the Abdel Moneim Riad Hall was added to serve researchers and post-graduate students.
The building is three storey high (Ground, first, and second floors), and it comprises almost 39,000 reference books in different languages as well as 5400 doctorate and masters dissertations.
- Architectural Style: Late Neo-Classic Style (1935)
- Building Height: Ground floor + 2
- Structural System: Reinforced Concrete Structure
- Building Material: Red bricks and concrete mortar (figure 4)
- Finishing Material: Plastic Paint