Overview and Historical Background of the Building
The chosen case study is a two-storey apartment located in a residential building in Al Nozha. The older part of the building was built by the Civil Aviation Company before that area was inhabited and it dates back to the 1970’s. The building is five-storey high (Ground, first, second, third and fourth floor), however the case study duplex apartment only occupies the first two floors (Ground and first). Moreover, the building is used for residential purposes only. The building is located in Al Nozha Al Gedida, number 27, block 1312, villa 13, Ouf Street. The exact location of the building is shown below.
Architectural Aspects of the Building
– Architectural Style: Late Neo-Classic Style (1935)
– Villa Height: Ground floor + 1
– Structural System: Reinforced Concrete Structure
– Building Material: Red bricks and concrete mortar
– Finishing Material: Plastic Paint